Version History: Tally 4.5: This version MS-DOS support financial accounting system. It takes care of accounting activities only such as Ledgers Classification Vouchers Entry. It provides simple financial reports and bill wise analysis of debtors and creditors in the business. Tally 5.0: This version is an upgraded version to tally 4.5 and it works in windows operating system Inventory modules is introduced in this version, which involves detailed inventory, structure invoicing and integrating accounting and Inventory records. Tally 5.4: This version is an improved module over the version 5.0 where it is capable of converting earlier data formats in to the current data format. This is possible though Import of Data Facility. Tally 6.3: Tally 6.3 is extended enterprise systems whereby it interacts with other system through ODBC (Open Data Base Connectivity) you and e-mail upload your financial records form tally. Tally 7.2: This version is an integrated enterprise system provides different kind of taxes like VAT, TDS & TCS and Service Tax modules is introduced in this version. Tally 8.1: Tally 8.1 is multi language support software. It supports 10 Languages includes is introduced in this version. Tally 9.0: This version is an improved model over the version 8.1. It supports 13 Languages (Includes Foreign Languages). Payroll, POS (Point of Sales) modules is introduced in this version. Tally.ERP9: This is the latest version which provides different features like remote access, much powerful data security, tally.net and many more Achievements:
- In 1988, the product was renamed as TALLY.
- In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
- In 2005, Tally 7.2 was launched with features designed to meet Indian value-added taxation (VAT) requirements.
- In 2006, Tally launched Tally 8.1, a concurrent multi-lingual version.
- In 2009, the company released Tally.ERP 9, offering complete business management solution
- In 2015, the company launched a program called Vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners.Also in 2015, Tally Solutions announced the launch of Tally.ERP 9 Release 5.0 with taxation and compliance features.
- As of 2016, the company had 1 million customers.
- In 2016, Tally Solutions was shortlisted as a GST Suvidha Provider to provide interface between the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) server and taxpayers, and in 2017, the company launched its updated GST compliance software