Microsoft Word is a very user friendly software and includes many interesting features. One such feature is AutoText.
AutoText is a feature found in Microsoft Word that can complete the text you are typing. This feature allows you to insert text automatically with either blocks of preformatted text from your AutoText gallery, or with words, phrases, or sentences that Word automatically completes after you’ve typed only a few characters.
AutoText entries are stored as building blocks. To add a text to AutoText Gallery follow the steps given below:
In your document, select the text that you want to add to your gallery of AutoText entries. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Quick Parts.
When you select Quick Parts, select AutoText from the drop down and then click Save Selection to AutoText Gallery.
When you click Save Selection to Auto Text Gallery a new dialogue box will appear called as Create New Building Block. Fill out the information in the Create New Building Block dialog box.
- Under Name, you may Type a unique name for the AutoText building block.
- UnderGallery, select the AutoText
- Under Categoryselect the General category, or create a new category.
- Under Description, type a description of the building block.
- Under Save in, Click the name of the template in the drop-down list.
- Under Options, you may choose any one of the following:
- Select Insert content in its own pageto place the building block on a separate page, set off from the rest of your content with page breaks.
- Select Insert content in its own paragraphto make the content into its own paragraph, even if the user’s cursor is in the middle of a paragraph.
- Select Insert content onlyfor all other content.
The Auto Text feature of Microsoft Word not only improves Productivity but also enhances the typing and reduces errors while typing.