Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful presentation software developed by Microsoft. It gives you everything you need to produce a professional-looking presentation. PowerPoint offers word processing, outlining, drawing, graphing, and presentation management tools- all designed to be easy to use and learn.
Microsoft PowerPoint has different types of Views which are categorised into Presentation Views and Master Views. The presentation views are namely Normal View, Outline View, Slide Sorter View, Notes page View and Reading View. The Master views include Slide Master View, Handout Master View and Notes Master View.
In this article let us learn about Slide Sorter View in detail.
Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint lets you view and sort the presentation slides. Using Slide Sorter view you can reorganize, insert, delete and copy the presentation slides. Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint also shows the presentation’s visual flow enabling the presenter to add and preview slide transition, animation etc.
Slide Sorter view displays all the slides in your presentation in horizontally sequenced, thumbnails. Slide show view is helpful if you need to reorganize your slides—you can just click and drag your slides to a new location, or add sections to organize your slides into meaningful groups.
In order to view the handout options, go to View tab and then click Handout Master in the Master Views group.
- To change the slide order you must select the slide or slides you want to reorder, and drag them to a position where you want to place them.
- To insert a new slide within Slide Sorter view, you may choose any of the below mentioned steps:
Place the cursor where you want to insert a new slide. Select the Home tab of locate the Slides group. Click the New Slide button.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a new slide, right-click and from the resultant menu choose New Slide
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a new slide and press the Ctrl+Mshortcut key combination.
- To copy, paste, and delete slides in Slide Sorter view:
- Copy:Select the slides and press Ctrl+C, or choose the Copy button from the clipboard group under Home Tab.
- Paste:To paste copied slides, click at the desired insertion point and then press Ctrl+Vor choose the Paste button from the clipboard group under Home Tab.
- Cut:Select the slides and press Ctrl+X or choose the Paste button from the clipboard group under Home Tab.
- Delete:To delete a slides, select and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
Slide Sorter view works best when you have to select multiple slides in a sequential or non-sequential slides form and perform tasks such as organising and reordering the slides by dragging them into the proper sequence. Slide sorter also enables you to group slides into separate sections, create duplicate slides, hide and show selected slides, control transition effects that play when the presentation advances from one slide to the next and also set and adjust the slide timing of these transitions.